Marti Noxon (Mad Men) has signed on for the upcoming remake of the ’80s horror classic Fright Night.
In May, DreamWorks stated that the update on Fright Night will be an update to the 1985 film. Noxon’s version will retain the original tone from the first film while merely using current technology to upgrade its special effects.
Noxon serves as producer on the Emmy-award winning drama on AMC. He also served as a writer for Buffy the Vampire Slayer along with its short-lived spin-off Angel.
William Ragsdale stared in the original Fright Night which was written and directed by Tom Holland. The main character discovers that he has a vampire as a neighbor. Huzzah. The original also starred Roddy McDowell.
No word on casting on the project.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter
Food for thought: Anybody tired of these redos?
- Anton Yelchin To Star In ‘Fright Night’ Remake?
- Update: Tom Hardy not confirmed for new ‘Mad Max’
- ‘Underworld 4′ scores a writer, still no word on Kate Beckinsale
- Kevin Williamson talks ‘Scream 4′ and the possible killing-off of Sidney
- ‘The Crow’ reboot will look like ‘Batman Begins’ according to producer