Ellen Page, who may finally escape being called “Juno star Ellen Page” thanks to her performance in Drew Barrymore’s fabulous flick Whip It, recently confirmed that she will play opposite Rainn Wilson (The Office) in Super.
After the wife of an “everyday guy” (Wilson) falls under the influence of a nasty drug dealer, he transforms himself into the Crimson Bolt, a superhero with the best intentions, though he lacks for heroic skills.”
The 22-year-old Page will play the Crimson Bolt’s sidekick…kinda. “I play a slightly eccentric girl who works at a comic book store who really wants to be his sidekick,” Page told MTV. “Let’s just say there might be some skintight yellow suits. I don’t know for sure. Who knows what will happen?”
Will she be rockin’ the cape or pulling a Kitty Pryde like in her last superhero film X-Men: The Last Stand? “I don’t know, okay? I have to figure that out first,” she said. “I have to go deep inside. But I think it will be really rad.”
Super is written and directed by James Gunn (Slither) and also stars Liv Tyler.
Ellen Page is currently working on the Christopher Nolan confuso-thriller, Inception, opposite Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page lock lips in a kiss for Marie Claire: Confusion ensues
- Ellen Page turns her attention to a new HBO comedy
- Drew Barrymore and Ellen Page get sexy in a new ‘Whip It’ pictorial
- Check out pics of Leonardo DiCaprio and Ellen Page in ‘Inception’
- Blu-ray review: Drew Barrymore’s ‘Whip It’